Please click the link below to download the complete minutes from the May 12th, 2015 general meeting of the Avery Elementary PTO.
Highlights from this meeting include:
- Principal’s report from Dr. Arnold regarding staffing changes and MAP testing for this year.
- Treasurer’s report
- Blacktop Ball update from Andi Berin – Volunteers still needed!!!
- Book fair update
- Presentation from Gretchen Land of Giving Studio
- Update on Front lawn Paver project from Becky Allen
May PTO Minutes 2015
The Webster Groves School District Foundation invites you to shop and dine locally on Tuesday, April 28th when a percentage of daily sales will go toward funding of educational grants that the Foundation provides to Webster schools. Please Click here for complete details including a listing of all participating local businesses.
Thank you to everyone who attended our most recent PTO meeting. Highlights from the April 7th meeting include:
- Principal’s report from Dr. Arnold
- Treasurer’s report from Allyson Linck
- Updates from Jeff Smith on improvements to front lawn at Avery
- Razzmatazz update from Rob Foley
- Grant request approved to fund new on-line reading program for 2nd grade
- Blacktop Ball update from Sally Kilbride
You too can join the Avery PTO! We are seeking parent volunteers for all positions including President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer. Please email Sally at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Click here to download the complete minutes from our April 7th meeting.
Do you want to know what the future holds for Avery and the schools in the Webster Groves School District? What is going to happen to Hixson, Steger, and the Computer School??? Do you have questions???
Dr. Sarah Riss, superintendent of the Webster Groves School District, is coming to talk to Avery parents about the upcoming ballot measures to fund our schools. Get all your questions answered at the next PTO meeting on Tuesday, February 17th from 7:00-8:00 in the library. Free childcare is available during the meeting! Any questions? Contact Sally or Lesa at email@example.com
Avery Family Bingo Night is Coming!!!
When? Friday, January 23rd
Location? Avery Cafeteria
Who? All Avery families, kids and adults!
Food? Of course! Jet’s Pizza for sale by the pie or slice! Cub Scouts will be selling drinks and candy!
Prizes? Yes! Lots of fun prizes for Bingo winners!
Hope to see you there!
Come to the Party at the Pageant and join friends and neighbors for a fun night of music, dancing, feasting and friends!
Purchase tickets on line at wgsdfoundation.org
Thank you to everyone who attended this important meeting. It’s the place to be if you want to learn about everything going on at Avery Elementary! Highlights from the November 14th meeting include:
- Update from the Fall Festival that raised over $7000 to support our school!
- Updates on other fundraisers including Innisbrook, the new Holiday Bazaar, and the Scholastic Book Fair.
- Principals report from Dr. Arnold including the formation of a new Communication committee at Avery to work on improvements to the way families receive important information from the school.
- Update from Mike Hulsizer on playground improvements and options for the remaining phases II and III.
- Update from the Auction committee – Auction on Sat, Jan 31st!!
- Next meeting is Tuesday January 13th at 7 PM in the Avery library!
Click here to download complete minutes from the meeting.
Avery Elementary School PTO earns more when you do your online shopping at shopping.escrip.com. Help Avery Elementary School PTO, shop at the NEW eScrip Online Mall. Just visit shopping.escrip.com. Great deals from awesome merchants like Amazon, Apple Store and Barns & Noble!
It’s almost time for the autumn book fair at Avery and we need your help!
Volunteers are needed to help set up and take down the book fair and to work the fair during the week. We also need a few people willing to be the “emergency contact” during the day, just in case another volunteer is unable to make his/her time slot. Please click the link below to sign up, and thanks for all of your help!
Fall Book Fair 2014
Thank you to everyone who attended our last meeting. It’s the place to be if you want to learn about everything going on at Avery Elementary! Highlights from the October 7th meeting include:
- Update from Nancy Rohlfing about new Head Room Parent procedures.
- An update on this year’s Innisbrook fundraiser. Orders due by October 27th!
- Information on the new Holiday Bazaar event scheduled for Sunday November 2nd.
- Fundraising update for BrainPop software.
- Presentation from Superintendent, Dr. Sarah Riss about various plans across the district including a proposal to build a new 6th-8th grade center on the grounds of Steger 6th grade center.
- Next meeting is Tuesday November 18th at 7 PM!
Click here to download complete minutes from the meeting.
8/26/14: #1562 Acme Bricks for Mrs. Wasenius $15
8/26/14: #1563 Antoinette James for PTO meeting childcare $25.00
8/26/14: #1564 Jessie Neusitz for PTO meeting childcare $25.00
8/26/14: #1565 Charlene Armilio for PTO meeting childcare $25
8/29/14: DEPOSIT for Brain Pop from individual donations $45
8/31/14: #1566 American Carnival Mart for Fall Festival tickets $39
9/4/14: #1567 INDOX Services (payment from last year’s budget) Avery Play $113.54
9/11/14: DEPOSIT for Brain Pop from Junior Navigators $459.00
9/11/14: #1568 Annie Holder Beautification Funds $61.30
9/12/14: #1569 (returned) and #1570 $25/each for Movie Night clean up
9/13/14: #1571 Lesa Morice $217.81 total: $110.87 for Movie Night, $87.46 for Fun First Friday, $19.48 for supplies
9/25/14: #1572 Fun Services for Fall Festival inflatables $529.50
9/25/14: DEPOSIT Restaurant Night Fuzzy’s Tacos $226.37